Bike/Walk Central Florida is hosting its 6th annual Bike 5 Cities signature 30-mile bike ride along with two more options this year on Saturday, October 29, 2022. The annual biking event, has been renamed, BIKE 5, and is possible thanks to our sponsors and partnerships with the cities of Orlando, Winter Park, Maitland, Casselberry, and the town of Eatonville.
What is BIKE 5?
It started as Bike 5 Cities, a 28-mile bike ride to show people where they can comfortably ride through neighborhoods in Winter Park, Eatonville, Maitland, Casselberry and Orlando. It has evolved into a series of rides to show people of all ages and abilities where to comfortably ride.
Bike 5 Cities, Bike 5 Parks, and Bike 5 Miles
Bike 5 Cities - a 30-mile ride
Bike 5 Cities is a 30-mile route through Winter Park, Eatonville, Maitland, Casselberry and Orlando. There are 2 different ride options:
1) Guided Group Ride with a ride leader or 2) Self-guided Ride - ride on your own
You choose from one of the five host city locations to start and finish. There are limited spots at all five cities for the Guided Group Ride. We encourage you to register early online before they fill up.
Winter Park at Mead Garden
Eatonville Town Hall
Maitland Community Park
Casselberry at Wirz Park
Orlando at Lake Druid Park
BIKE 5 Parks - an 11 mile Guided Group ride
Bike 5 Parks is a new route this year designed for those who are quite ready for a 30-mile ride, but want to dust off their bike and sharpen their cycling skills. This casual group ride starts and finishes near Ward Park at the Cady Way Pool trailhead. You will ride by 5+ parks including: Ward Park, Veteran's Memorial Park, Lake Baldwin Park, Harbor Park, and Lake Druid Park.
Bike 5 Miles - a Family Friendly Guided Group ride
Bike 5 Miles is the family friendly ride that people of all ages and abilities will enjoy. Join Bike/Walk staff and volunteers for a proper helmet fitting, safety chat, and practice some bike skills before the ride. This family friendly ride will be guided by Ride Leaders from Ward Park on a 5-mile route through Baldwin Park and back to Winter Park.
- October 29 7:30 AM EDT - Ride Start: Ride on Your Own (All Cities) - 7:30 am to 9:00 am
- October 29 7:30 AM EDT - Ride Start: Guided Rides -A- Advanced (All Cities)
- October 29 7:40 AM EDT - Ride Start: Guided Rides -B- Intermediate (All Cities)
- October 29 7:50 AM EDT - Ride Start: Guided Rides -C- Beginner (All Cities)
- October 29 10:00 AM EDT - Ride Start: 5 Parks - 11 Mile
- October 29 11:00 AM EDT - Ride Start: 5 Mile - Family Friendly Ride